Keystone Communities Program (KCP)
The Fiscal Year 2017/18 Round 1 Funding Application Period will run from 7/24/17 – 9/15/17. Designation applications are accepted at all times.
The Keystone Communities (KC) program is designed to encourage the creation of partnerships between the public and private sectors that jointly support local initiatives such as the growth and stability of neighborhoods and communities; social and economic diversity; and a strong and secure quality of life. The program allows communities to tailor the assistance to meet the needs of its specific revitalization effort.
Communities may wish to consider designation through the KC program as a Keystone Main Street, Keystone Elm Street, Keystone Enterprise Zone, or Keystone Community. Designation is an opportunity for targeted investment and development including the identification of specific needs for investment and/or development and the design and implementation of a strategy to address those needs.
A flexible tool for use in community and economic development for a variety of uses including planning activities, façade grant programs, accessible housing programs, and development grants.
- Units of local government (counties, cities, boroughs, townships, towns, and home rule municipalities)
- Redevelopment and/or housing authorities
- Nonprofit organizations to include economic development organizations, housing corporations, etc.
- Community development corporations
- Business improvement districts, neighborhood improvement districts, downtown improvement districts, and similar organizations incorporated as authorities
Questions regarding payment requests should be directed to the project analyst or RA-DCED-KCP@pa.gov
- Keystone Communities – Elm Street Designations
- Keystone Communities – Main Street Designations
- Keystone Communities – Keystone Communities Designations
- Keystone Communities – Enterprise Zone Designations
- Keystone Communities – Expired Enterprise Zones
- West Chester Case Study 2016
- West Reading Case Study 2017