Global Access Program (GAP)
The Global Access Program (GAP) is designed to enhance the capability of small to mid-sized Pennsylvania companies to increase export sales. GAP is administered by the Pennsylvania Office of International Business Development (OIBD) and provides up to $10,000 per award period to qualifying Pennsylvania companies to reimburse up to 75% of eligible expenses associated with specific export promotion activities. The program is funded in part through a grant with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
GAP is designed to provide flexibility and encourage innovative use of funds to meet the specific international marketing needs of the applicant. Valid uses include: overseas and domestic trade show participation, overseas trade mission participation, foreign market sales trip, subscription to US DOC services, translation/interpreter fees, website internationalization, shipping sample products, and compliance testing.
- Export-ready Pennsylvania companies in good standing, according to SBA standards
The Global Access Program (GAP) will reimburse up to 75% of eligible expenses, providing up to $10,000.00 per award year to qualifying companies. See GAP guidelines for details.
Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Virtual tradeshows & mission registration fees
- Compliance testing (including CE, CEE, GDPR, UL Canada, ATEX Testing / Certification, Japan Haz/Loc Certification, IECex Testing / Certification, ISO)
- Website internationalization
- Design & development of website, with an international focus
- Translation of website into foreign languages
- Maintenance and monitoring fees for search engine optimization (SEO)
- E-Commerce platform fees, including hosting and/or maintenance fees
- Online market listing fees
- Expenses for setting up website to accept international payments
- Digital & Marketing Media (design and/or translation of any digital advertising or marketing media, including audio/video and social media, with an international focus)
- U.S. Department of Commerce services fees and/or any Federal service that directly supports exporting
- International Travel
- Overseas trade missions
- Overseas tradeshow exhibition
- Foreign market sales trips
Certain restrictions apply. See GAP guidelines for details.
How to Apply
All GAP applications should be submitted to a Regional Export Network Partner (REN) at least 45 days prior to the activity for which funding is sought. The REN will forward the application to the GAP Administrator for review/approval.
To find out more information about the State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) Grant Initiative, visit the U.S. Small Business Administration website.
Funded in part through a Grant with the U.S Small Business Administration