COVID-19 Vaccines, Treatments, and Therapies (CV-VTT)
Applications are open now through July 24, 2020.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was signed into law on March 27, 2020. The $2 trillion economic relief package aims to protect the American people from the public health and economic impacts of COVID-19. Act 2A of 2020, known as the COVID-19 Emergency Supplement to the General Appropriation Act of 2019, appropriated $10,000,000 from the COVID-19 Response Restricted Account to the Department of Health. Through a sub-grant, the Department of Community and Economic Development will administer this program to eligible applicants for the rapid advancement of vaccines, treatments, and therapies in response to COVID-19.
This program is available to the following Pennsylvania-based entities that demonstrate both a financial need and a well-defined pathway to the accelerated commercialization of a new vaccine, treatment, or therapy in direct response to fight against COVID-19:
- Colleges & universities
- For-profit companies
- Academic Medical Centers
- Non-profit research institutions
- Economic development organizations
- Maximum distribution – No single grant award shall exceed $1,000,000.
- Match requirement – A 1:1 monetary match is required. Note: Match may include cash, in-kind, Federal/Foundation funding, and company.
How to Apply
- Interested entities should submit an application, describing the scope of work detailing a project period not to exceed 9 months in length.
- Application deadline is July 24, 2020.