COST OF LIVING
Whether you live in a major metro area or in one of our many small towns, Pennsylvania is a great place to do business and build a home. Our cost of living is extremely competitive with surrounding states, our real estate is affordable, and our healthcare system offers some of the best hospitals in the nation.
Average Home Values in Pennsylvania
Median Home Value
- PA: $155,500
- U.S.: $189,400 (Zillow.com)
Median Home Rental Value
- PA: $1,236
- U.S.: $1,411
Median Household Income
- PA: $53,599 (Years 2011-2015)
Our nationally-ranked hospitals provide world-class quality care across many specializations for both children and adults.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania - Penn Presbyterian, Philadelphia
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside, Pittsburgh
Our infrastructure makes life easier for our residents. With an average commute of 26.3 minutes, our workforce enjoys a shorter commute than those in most of PA’s bordering states.
Thinking of moving to Pennsylvania, or relocating somewhere else in the state? Compare both in-state and out-of-state communities below by county, region, city, and more for various socioeconomic factors to see which Pennsylvania community is right for you.