Requesting Flood Map Changes

Learn more about how to request a change to your flood zone designation.
Letters of Map Change (LOMC)

Letters of Map Amendment (LOMA), a type of LOMC, are amendments to effective FIRMs (flood insurance rate maps) which establish that a structure or property should not be included in the floodplain due to naturally high ground.

Letters of Map Amendment and Letters of Map Revision (LOMR) enable property owners to request changes or updates to their property’s flood risk status to FEMA. Learn more about how to request a change to your flood zone designation at FEMA’s website.

Submitting a LOMA Request

The eLOMA Tool is a web-based system for the submission and printing of simple Letter of Map Amendment requests relating to single-lot residential structures or properties with detailed study areas. The tool can only be used by licensed land surveyors and professional engineers.

  • The Online LOMC Tool is for submitting LOMRs and LOMAs. It can be used in place of the MT-EZ, MT-1, or MT-2 paper forms.
  • Online and paper LOMC applications have the same turnaround time. Determinations for Amendments will be issued within 60 days and determinations for Revisions will be issued within 90 days of the completed request.

Back To Top