PA Department of Community and Economic Development
The mission of the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) is to foster opportunities for businesses to grow and for communities to succeed and thrive in a global economy. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for Pennsylvania citizens while assuring transparency and accountability in the expenditure of public funds.
400 North Street Harrisburg Pennsylvania 17120 United States
Pennsylvania is “Growing Smarter.” Within the PA Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED), the Governor’s Center for Local Government Services serves as a resource for local government officials, developers and citizens interested in planning to improve, grow and enhance communities. It provides valuable tools that will support wise land use decisions and encourage economic development, a healthy environment and strong communities.
The Governor’s Center for Local Government Services provides technical assistance on a variety of planning, land use, and development matters to planning commissions, zoning officers, zoning hearing boards, and other local government officials. Contact the Planning Team by phone at 717.787.8518 or by e-mail. Or, submit a Formal Request for Assistance.
DCED provides funding to local governments for community planning through the Municipal Assistance Program (MAP). Funding supports multi-municipal, regional and county planning and implementation efforts, including TRID studies. Access the Municipal Assistance Program (MAP) guidelines for more information.
State Land Use and Growth Management Reports
The Governor’s Center for Local Government Services is required to prepare a State Land Use and Growth Management Report every five years. These reports include information, data, and conclusions regarding growth and development patterns in Pennsylvania, as well as recommendations for coordination of executive action and programs among Commonwealth agencies.
The State Planning Board is an advisory board within the Governor’s Office. It was established by the Administrative Code of 1929 as re-enacted and amended. There are 25 members, including citizens, legislators and state department heads.