Keystone Communities Program (KCP)
The Fiscal Year 16/17 Round 2 Funding Application Period will run from 11/21/16 – 1/25/17.
Designation applications are accepted at all times.
The Keystone Communities (KC) program is designed to encourage the creation of partnerships between the public and private sectors that jointly support local initiatives such as the growth and stability of neighborhoods and communities; social and economic diversity; and a strong and secure quality of life. The program allows communities to tailor the assistance to meet the needs of its specific revitalization effort.
Communities may wish to consider designation through the KC program as a Keystone Main Street, Keystone Elm Street, Keystone Enterprise Zone, or Keystone Community. Designation is an opportunity for targeted investment and development including the identification of specific needs for investment and/or development and the design and implementation of a strategy to address those needs.
A flexible tool for use in community and economic development for a variety of uses including planning activities, façade grant programs, accessible housing programs, and development grants.
- Units of local government (counties, cities, boroughs, townships, towns, and home rule municipalities)
- Redevelopment and/or housing authorities
- Nonprofit organizations to include economic development organizations, housing corporations, etc.
- Community development corporations
- Business improvement districts, neighborhood improvement districts, downtown improvement districts, and similar organizations incorporated as authorities
Program Case Study
- Keystone Communities – Enterprise Zone Designations December 2016
- Keystone Communities – Main Street Designations December 2016
- Keystone Communities – Keystone Communities Designations December 2016
- Keystone Communities – Elm Street Designations December 2016
- Keystone Communities – Expired Enterprise Zones December 2016
- Keystone Communities Request for Payment Form